Must have the ability to conceptually budget, meet deadlines, handle various projects simultaneously, and work effectively in a demanding multitasking environment. Experience with construction drawings, specifications, architectural sketches and other related construction documents. Excellent computer skills, math skills and have well developed time scheduling and organizational skills.
- Minimum 5 years experience in similar role.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Construction Engineering or related field.
- Prepare bid packages. Prepare quantity take-offs and estimates on various projects. Coordinate, budget, prepare and analyze bids for large and small scale government and private sector markets.
The superintendent is responsible for all field operations on multifaceted, small and large scale projects. Responsible for establishing the safety culture on the jobsite for our own forces and enforce the same for subcontractors. This candidate must work closely with the Project Manager to manage schedule, budget and staff to achieve profitable outcomes. Ensures compliance with contract documents and all Federal, State, local laws and codes relating to construction tasks. Should also create and maintain effective client, vendor, supplier and sub-contractor relationships. Must have the ability to read and interpret construction documents and have knowledge of construction methods and materials.
- 3 +years prior construction experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent communication skills
Must have knowledge of construction specifications. Ability to negotiate, communicate and coordinate with suppliers for quotation requests. Continually search for new suppliers. Develop and implement policies and procedures for the procurement of construction materials. Coordinate with field staff regarding the receipt of materials on site. Verify that materials match the actual order and arrived in good condition. Meticulous filing and organization of purchases
- Minimum of 3 years experience in construction or related environment
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree a plus.